Saturday, March 29, 2014

Lamb Curry

Because I mentioned it in my previous post, here's my lamb curry recipe. I've made this a number of times, and I don't have the original source any more, but here's a link:

Crockpot Lamb Curry

It's a little fiddly - the only times it's gone poorly have been when I get cocky and try to chop stuff while other stuff is cooking - but generally reliable. I have, at various points, skipped the serranos (fine) used pickled or powdered ginger instead of fresh (fine, but I don't love ginger) used potatoes instead of cauliflower (fine, but add them in up front) or skipped them completely (less recommended - it's a potent dish without something to soak up the spice) used fresh tomatoes instead of canned (fine, but the skins are annoying) and once, skipped the tomatoes because I forgot I didn't have any (not recommended.)

Generally, follow the steps and it's quite a passable curry.

1 comment:

  1. I do something like that with leftover lamb (from a roast, etc.) with coconut milk and spinach and apples.

    ReplyDelete