Monday, April 7, 2014

Rabbit Stifado

Rabbit is not nearly as exciting a meal as it sounds, and this recipe was only so-so - it is *really* heavy on the winey flavor, and not particularly complex.


I made this in the crockpot, and if I were to do it again I would stick to the stovetop and let the liquid reduce to a sauce. I'd also want it to be sweeter - less vinegar, more sugar, and possibly stewed tomatoes instead of paste. But really, I'd probably just look for a different recipe if we get another rabbit.

It's not terrible - I don't mind having leftovers. But it's not really a keeper.

UPDATE: We took the leftovers, cooked the liquid way down, and added sugar and butter. It came together quite nicely, and went from very much "meh" to something I'd actually want to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment